Reset arch to the bare minimum
Hi,

is there a way to delete all programs and start from a fresh arch install without the install trouble ( I have an encrypted volume and dont want to do everthing from scratch) Just a clean arch from where I can install all programs needed without a bunch of clutter I build up by testing different ones.

regards
(06-06-2018, 05:20 PM)brainlet Wrote: Hi,

is there a way to delete all programs and start from a fresh arch install without the install trouble ( I have an encrypted volume and dont want to do everthing from scratch) Just a clean arch from where I can install all programs needed without a bunch of clutter I build up by testing different ones.

regards
Do you want to keep files and users and configurations? Have a look at this thread here, archforum/119195. Else, you could just boot exetrnally from a live system, remove root and pacstrap a fresh install into it. Maybe you can do it from within the system by chrooting into a mounted live system, in which your fiel system root is itself mounted again or so if that’s even possible. Then you can probably safely remove your mounted root with some flags for rm or so. Just thinking loudly here.
If doomsday’s coming, let the earth attack.
▾▴▾▴▾▴▾▴▾▴▾▴▾

[-]
Quick Reply