How To Install LBS?
I have very little experience with running my own website or tech stuff in general, but I have been viewing a lot of Luke Smith's videos to learn how to compute more efficiently, and while I haven't taken a complete dive yet, I have begun altering the way I compute in a way that benefits me more than previously. I'd like to start a blog, and I feel that LBS is exactly what I need, simple, no frills, and lightweight, but I am unsure of how to implement it onto a website.

I assume it is not installable for a GeoCities website (am I wrong?) but I have a Namecheap hosted site that uses the CP Panel, but I am unsure of how to among making it work.

If anyone could help guide me, on like, the most brainlet-level explanation possible, that'd be great.

Pls no bully.  Brainlet
So do you have terminal/SSH access to your webserver? You'd need that to run it.

Once you have that, you can basically just follow the directions on the Github (https://github.com/LukeSmithxyz/lb).

The only file you need is the file lb, once you have that, you can add the line <!-- LB --> to your RSS feed file and to the .html you want the blog posts to be added to.

Then check out the Usage section in the README, or see my original video for how to use it.
(06-06-2018, 02:59 PM)Luke Wrote: So do you have terminal/SSH access to your webserver? You'd need that to run it.

Once you have that, you can basically just follow the directions on the Github (https://github.com/LukeSmithxyz/lb).

The only file you need is the file lb`, once you have that, you can add the line `<!-- LB --> to your RSS feed file and to the .html you want the blog posts to be added to.

Then check out the Usage section in the README, or see my original video for how to use it.

Thanks for the reply Luke. This should help me get goin', I was just sort of lost on where to begin. Namecheap says their hosting offers "Jailed" access to SSH. Any idea if that will limit my ability to do it?

Edit: Got SSH access, I'll work my way through this. Thanks.
Scratch that, I am now running into an issue. I am SSH'd in, have the LB script and such in my home directory, and I am getting permission denied on ./lb

Not sure why..
[quote pid='1202' dateline='1528322493']
Scratch that, I am now running into an issue. I am SSH'd in, have the LB script and such in my home directory, and I am getting permission denied on ./lb

Not sure why..
[/quote]

Yikes, this posted as a guest. After allowing it to be executed with chmod, it still won't work. Getting this error.

[lifekosl@premium44 public_html]$ chmod +x lb
[lifekosl@premium44 public_html]$ ./lb
This system will take the blog entries you write and add them into the RSS file and HTML file of your choosing. Set which files to use by editing the 'lb' file directly and changing the variables at the top.

To fully prepare these files, add the following line to both files where you want the content to be added:

<!-- LB -->

Usage: 'new': create new draft; 'finalize': finish draft and add it to the RSS and HTML page; 'delete': delete a finished page.

As you finalize posts, they will be appended in the appropriate format below that line.

Blog posts will be stored in 'blog/' and drafts will be in 'blog/.drafts/'. To delete drafts, you only need delete their .html files directly, but use the 'lb delete' command to remove finalized posts since they appear in three places.
[lifekosl@premium44 public_html]$ ./lb new test
Post will be stored as draft in /home/lifekosl/public_html/blog/.drafts until finalized.
Give a title for your post: Test
./lb: line 36: /home/lifekosl/public_html/blog/.drafts/test.html: Permission denied
What happens if you run mkdir -p blog/.drafts?

Are you sure you have writing permissions in your public_html folder?
(06-06-2018, 07:18 PM)Luke Wrote: What happens if you run mkdir -p blog/.drafts?

Are you sure you have writing permissions in your public_html folder?

Got everything working, slowly but surely. Thanks a bunch. Sorry if I looked like an idiot with some of these responses Screeching . New to all this. Look forward to your content in the future. Wink

[-]
Quick Reply