Official Forum improvement thread (Add ideas here)
Information 
Official forum improvement thread. I've been really messing around with themes (they're all bad). So I'm going to write a theme/template set from scratch.

I want to add reaction images soon as well. I already have the plugin, just need to customize it to add our smilies.

Add your personal desires here.
Getting rid of the Internet Points (Reputation) would be appreciated.
(Yesterday, 03:18 AM)Luke Wrote: Official forum improvement thread. I've been really messing around with themes (they're all bad). So I'm going to write a theme/template set from scratch.
Can we get something similar to the old forum's look and feel? The gradient blue to pink was pretty good along with the original Luke's GNU/Forum logo.
I'll leave here a long list, of course you ignore whatever you wanna ignore:
>remove online indicator dot near names
>remove stars
>remove rate options
>remove signature (they're annoying and that's why I have it)
>remove user title options (custom and other)
>remove when users joined
>remove how long a user been online
>remove user avatars
>remove any user information
>remove anything other than name and optional website for users essentially.
the above reccomendations would shrink the vertical space in a thread thus making it more enjoyable to read, and easier on hands (less scrolling). also those features in the forum are totally useless and annoying for privacy fags. also you can't login to this forum without cookies, pls fix.
also about visual
>make it black on white without any fancy colors, that way anyone here is capable of manipulating that to their liking.
>pls no dark theme
>I would actually prefer maximum contrast monochrome black and white theme without shades of grey but I doubt anyone would want it.
Other than these if you could make threads like a chan board that would be pretty neat but I assume this would be pretty hard:
>have a permanent link for each post
>replies are linked to that post
you know how a chan thread works, I'm sure you would agree that it's much more intuitive that way and having to [quotе] someone is retarded as fuck.
—————————
Free software acts as a virus. Free systems have the potency to wipe out any other protocol or design, including any superior ones (unless they are also free). A example is the various Unix systems and protocols has done huge irreversible damage to society. ~ Aids
is there any way to remove the avatar maximum size (100x100)? it's pretty boring have to worry about it and this make all avatars look like shit
Is anyone else having trouble with the css not loading at all?
(Yesterday, 11:34 AM)Sanane Wrote: >remove online indicator dot near names
>remove stars
>remove rate options
>remove signature (they're annoying and that's why I have it)
>remove user title options (custom and other)
>remove when users joined
>remove how long a user been online
>remove user avatars
>remove any user information
>remove anything other than name and optional website for users essentially.

^I agree with removing all of these, with the top priority underlined/bolded
I just removed thread ranking and user reputation points. Maybe I'll remove some of the user information.

I'll be changing the CSS a bit too. It's always a pain editing CSS written my someone else though.
  • Smug Anime Girl added as a smilie
  • There's now a new forum for supporters, invisible to everyone else.
  • Non-registered guests can now post on the tech brainlet questions thread. I don't know if this is a good idea, but it's worth a try.
Finally added the forum logo lol; looks like the old one. If anyone has any sugesstions though, feel free to say them.
only request is make sure new features don't stuff up the experience for browsers like w3m/netsurf

gonna try ditching X some time soon so I'll need to use a framebuffer browser